KenyaCelebrities.Com: Where did you grow up and how was your childhood?
Sampova : I grew up in Eastlands,born and raised in H-town, I had a normal childhood just like every other kid there…it was fun and adventurous.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: What’s your stage name? Have you changed your name before?
Sampova : Yeah I`ve changed my name before but ever since I first got into a studio, I decided to stick with the stage name Sampova Da-Gova.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: How old are you?
Sampova : Am 23years old.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: When and how did you discover that you have a gift for rapping?
Sampova : Back in Brickwoods high school there was a monthly freestyle Sunday organized by the student body. I started out as a fan then started writing my own compositions. One day, I gained the courage to step onto the stage…everyone loved it, I loved it too. I`ve never looked back since that day.
KenyaCelebrities.com: Who else in your family is in the industry?
Sampova: Am all alone in this…as far as am concerned.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: What made you choose to get into music?
Sampova: I didn’t choose…music chose me, besides I was a good poet since childhood, among the best back in primary school. That was my talent but I wasn’t really feeling it especially after stumbling on more hiphop music. I needed a change and change came knocking in form of poetic hip hop/rap. It always feels good incorporating some of that poetry skill into my music compositions.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: What genre of music do you consider your work to be? Who are your major influences?
Sampova: Some say my music is hip hop, others call it commercial rap…I call it Side B-KSwag music. Locally my major influence is the late Esir Mmari while internationally, Tupac Shakur and Eminem have influenced my music a lot.
KenyaCelebrities.com: What embarrassing songs might I find on your MP3 player?
Sampova : Size 8 music, I don’t know how but her music always finds its way into my mp3 player.
Sampova : Size 8 music, I don’t know how but her music always finds its way into my mp3 player.
KenyaCelebrities.com: If you could dabble in another genre of music, what would it be?
Sampova: Probably Kwaito and the whole South African sound. Apart from hiphop, I`ve already worked on other genres like dancehall, R n B, Trance and House music.
Sampova: Probably Kwaito and the whole South African sound. Apart from hiphop, I`ve already worked on other genres like dancehall, R n B, Trance and House music.
KenyaCelebrities.com: What genre of music can’t you stand to listen to?
Sampova: I listen to all types of music…well, except roots na mabenga .
Sampova: I listen to all types of music…well, except roots na mabenga .
KenyaCelebrities.com : Are you pleased with the progression of your career? Mainly are you glad to be working in the industry as of now or do you ever see yourself wanting to do something totally different?
Sampova: Every experience has and will continue being worth it, ever since I released my first audio and video. I`ve learnt a lot and still continue learning new things every day. I`ve not been involved in music that much since 2011 mainly because I`ve been working on my soon-to-be launched company called KSwag Music Group which deals with artist management, merchandise, audio and video production.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: Are you a member of any music organizations? Where do you Record?
Sampova: Yeah, I am a founder member of the rap group K Klan. Am also a member of Wakoloni Rapstars and Ngoma Republiq .Am signed to KSwag Music Group, which sponsored our first album Da Dynasty.KSwag is also sponsoring my debut solo album not to mention my debut solo mixtape,Govatym,at Audio Kusini Records.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: Where have you performed? What are your favorite and least favorite venues? Do you have any upcoming shows?
Sampova; I`ve performed in many places all over the 254 promoting Da Dynasty album. My most favorite performance was the Ulopa Ngoma album launch at Carnivore. I don’t really have a favorite or least favorite venue…am more of an indoors person except when working. Anywhere my music takes me am happy to be there-provided mkwanja inapatikana maynn! I don’t really have any up-coming shows at the moment, am now back in studio working on my mix tape,Govatym, and my album. Be sure to watch out for the launch early next year…it`s worth the long wait.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: Who writes your songs? What are the main themes or topics for most of your songs? Do you think these topics will change over time?
Sampova: I write all my songs, mostly based on what life has to offer me…the good, the bad, the joy, the sorrow, the celebrations, the tribulations, love, hate, family and fatherhood. Yeah, the topics do change over time…life`s like a wheel, it keeps turning and one must keep turning with it to maintain the balance lest it comes tumbling down.
Kenya Celebrities.com: Who would you like to collabo with in Kenya?
Sampova: Wasanii wako juu ni wengi, I don’t mind doing collabos with anyone provided he or she can hold it down heavily. That`s why I`ve managed to work with celebrated musicians all over the 254 like Camp Mullah, Ulopa Ngoma, Sauti Sol, Wakimbizi, Shavey n Slice,Rapdamu ,Kenrazy, U.B/K.G.B, Audio Kusini and upcoming dancehall artists like Danty Cluive,Shaquay BIG UP, Chiqa and many more. Most importantly, I`d like to work with Wyre the Lovechild, Collo, Bamboo, Shinde of Tattu and Miss Karun most def-hopefully soon.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: What are your rehearsals generally like? Do you have a set time each week in which you practice or are rehearsals more spontaneous?
Sampova: We don’t really rehearse for our performances except when we have dancers joining us. My rap mate Phobia Da Don and I link up once in a while to make sure our lyrics are aiight and our stage presence is in check to avoid the confusion that some rap groups portray in their performances…that`s how we`ve always managed to stay on top of our game.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: What has been your biggest challenge as an artist? Have you been able to overcome that challenge? If so how?
Sampova: Initially the challenge was financial, studio time has never been cheap and so are the videos. I`ve been working hard to make sure that that`s a thing of the past. But then again, even with the financial challenge out of the picture, it`s never easy breaking into the mainstream music .It takes persistence, patience and optimism-first to convince yourself, your fans and eventually the entire nation. Hopefully, with the right music content, the right music videos and the right management team everything will eventually fall into place.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: What’s your ultimate direction for your music career? Are you seeking fame and fortune?
Sampova : We gotta keep moving forward, that has always been the direction. It never changes no matter the obstacles on the way. Side B is more than just music, it`s a way of life. That message has to be passed across to the entire universe, no matter what-by each and every member of Ngoma Republic. That`s the mission not just for me but even for the rest of the artists in the fold. When it`s a mission beef, fame and fortune shouldn’t even come up.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: What advice do you have for guys who want to become artist like you?
Sampova: Just be you, don’t try to be me .Patience, hard work and determination will eventually get you there
KenyaCelebrities.Com: How can fans-to-be gain access to your music? Do you have a website with sample songs or a demo CD?
Sampova: Yeah, you can access my music on www.reverbnation.com/k-klan or better yet, you can also place your orders there for music cds and dvds. You can also like my facebook fanpage, Sampova Da Gova, facebook group k klan fan base and my twitter handle, @DaGovament for more details and updates.
KenyaCelebrities.com: If you had the opportunity to change something in the music industry, what would it be?
Sampova: Piracy, it`s always been the cancer that`s eating up our music industry. I`d also work with all stakeholders to find ways of improving album sales and distribution networks all over the country, Wakenya wengi hawanunui cd original za Wakenya wenzao.Unless wanapewa for free, they`d rather pirate the music.
KenyaCelebrities.com: Have you ever had any strange or stalker type fans that you are aware of? How does it affect the closeness you have with your fans, media e .t .c now?
Sampova: Haha yeah, I was performing in Embu together with Wakimbizi.this chic walked up to me and told me she just gets turned on-literally ,when she listens to my music. Iyo ni noma! I`ve encountered more of groupies and die-hard fans than stalkers, it can affect you negatively or positively depending on how you handle such situations.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: Beside Music, what else do you do?
Sampova: I am the C.E.O of KSwag Music Group. Am also involved in various business ventures with some of my friends who are also my business partners in KSwag.
KenyaCelebrities.Com: Is there anyone you’d like to acknowledge for offering financial or emotional support?
Sampova: My parents for always being ready to offer me advice and guidance in all my endeavors, my sister Jaycie for always believing in me even when am almost loosing hope, Wakimbizi-these guys have always been more of my brothers than my friends, all the deejays and media stations that play my music and definitely my die-hard fans who`ve stuck with me since dem days-nuff respect manze.!
KenyaCelebrities.Com: Parting shot?
Sampova: Watch out for Govatym, the mixtape coming soon.
Kenya Celebrities Wishes Sampova Da Gova A ll The Best in his music career
via kenyacelebrities.com

No comments:
Post a Comment